Please see the updated NARCO Trust Directives Related to Exposure – As of January 2019.
The payment percentage for the USM Trust was updated to 30% on January 1. Any claim paid on or after that date will be assigned the new payment percentage. Once details are in place regarding potential supplemental payments a notification will be sent.
CRMC eClaims Enhancements November 2018
CRMC is committed to maintaining a quality and technically savvy claims processing system. Therefore, we have made significant enhancements to our system. You will notice these changes the next time you log into eClaims. We have enhanced our log in process and therefore, if you don’t remember your password you will need to reset it. Your firm’s user administrator(s) has the capability to do this for you or you can reach out to our help line either via telephone or via the user inquiry board. The following changes have been incorporated:
- All SSN’s within eClaims have been masked so that only the last 4 digits appear on each screen and reports available through our system.
- A law firm identifier has been added to many pages within the application. This allows your firm to associate a claimant with your firm’s internal identifier. You may search for a claimant using that identifier once you have added it to our system. This can be accomplished via CRMC’s web services tool. If you firm is not a web services user, you may provide a list to us in excel format and we will add the identifiers for you. Please email that information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Web services has been updated to allow for this search using the FindClaim method.
- The log in/log out feature has been enhanced. Be certain to log out of your session when you are not working in eClaims to maintain security of your connection.
- Claim representative information is now located on the claim page.
- We have added a new action link on the most frequently used pages. This new link is labeled with an “F” and will take you directly to the claim documents tab. This will save you time when trying to review/upload document information.
- The message board has been revamped with more improvements to come.
- Message board notices may now be received in a report format via email. Each user administrator at the firm will have access to a new page within eClaims. It is located on the Admin tab under notifications. There are two different types of notifications that you can enable email for: Message Board Notifications and Time Sensitive Notifications. The user administrator determines the frequency of these notices and the day of the week they are to be sent. For each law firm user you want to receive notifications this provides the flexibility to determine which type of notices they receive. Time sensitive notices are notices of expirations that are occurring over the next 30 days. You will also see an eClaims Notification section where you can configure which users receive emails associated with important notices posted to our website. This enhancement allows all selected users to receive notifications not just the user administrator(s) with the firm.
- The eClaims user manual has been updated to reflect and describe each of the changes listed above.
Stay tuned for additional enhancements. We have added a new tab to our announcements section for eClaims enhancements.
The Manville Trust has reached its Maximum Annual Payment (MAP) amount for 2018. Therefore, any claim with a status of “Awaiting Offer Funding” will not receive payment until 2019. Claims at this status will be carried over to 2019 and placed at the head of the FIFO payment queue. Please refer to the 2002 TDP Section H.8 for further details.
The Manville Trust has posted an updated Proof of Claim form which includes a check box asserting the filers intention to file a PACOR claim. This ability is also now part of the eClaims system. For those filers filing PACOR claims this is a critical component in tolling the Statute of Limitations for PACOR claims. Please review the instructions for completing the Proof of Claim form for additional information.
Per Manville’s TDP, the Trust’s distribution to all claimants for the first nine months of a year shall not exceed 85% of the Maximum Annual Payment (MAP) determined for that year. Manville has reached this limit for 2018. Therefore, any claim with a status of “Awaiting Offer Funding” will not receive payment until October of 2018. Claims at this status will be carried over to the fourth quarter of 2018 and placed at the head of the FIFO payment queue. Please refer to the 2002 TDP Section H.8 for further details.
CRMC has re-defined the prior Recategoriztion Option on the Offer status page for all Trust clients. You will now have two options: 1) Recategorization – POC needs to be amended and 2) Recategorization – Ready for CRMC Review. This was previously a two step process where you were required to log your recategorization request and then move the claim forward for processing on the claim page once any claim amendments were complete.
CRMC has posted an updated eClaims user guide. Please click here to view that document.
The NARCO Trust has updated the Alternative Dispute Resolution Procedures for NARCO Asbestos Trust Claims with the contact information for the ADR Administrator.